LEGO® Answers is a question and answer site for LEGO® and building block enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does the "jumper plate" (1×2 plate with centered stud) have a Danish nickname like the "Erling"? Who is the designer of this part? And does there exist a catalog of designers of specific bricks?

share|improve this question

I cannot find any cases of the Jumper Plate brick having a Danish nickname, the closest you might get to a Danish nicknamed would be a literal translation: jumper plade.

The Erling brick is a very rare case of a brick being named after its creator. I imagine most bricks created nowadays are produced by not one but several people. It's possible that such a catalogue of brick designers exists, but is not publicly available.

share|improve this answer
And even "Erling" might be more of a fan nickname than an internal one, but it's hard to know for sure. – Joubarc Aug 26 '13 at 4:20

Although it is not a nickname, the official internal name of that part is 'Plate 1 x 2 with 1 Knob' according to Brickowl

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.