LEGO® Answers is a question and answer site for LEGO® and building block enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Why is this piece called a "cheese slope"? "Slope" I get; but "cheese"?

The second mouse gets the cheese

share|improve this question
up vote 8 down vote accepted

A cheese slope resembles a chunk of cheese from a cheese wheel. They happen to also be the perfect size for minifigures to interact with:

enter image description here

‘Lego Cheese Farm’ by AIatariel,

share|improve this answer
Although "cheese slope" seems to be the more common term now, they are also sometimes called "cheese wedge slopes," which refers more clearly to the origin of the name. – 62Bricks Dec 8 '13 at 2:10

As was mentioned in another answer, the cheese slope looks like a slice of cheese at around minifigure scale. This part has also actually been used as cheese in official sets, including Medieval Market Village:

MMV Cheese

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.