Take the 2-minute tour ×
LEGO® Answers is a question and answer site for LEGO® and building block enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a dump truck hinge piece that snapped in half when it got bent backwards too hard. Is there a type of glue that would be appropriate to repair the piece? Would superglue be a good choice? Obviously, it's never going to look new again, I'm more just concerned about the piece being functional if we wish to build more dump-trucks. Or is it a lost cause and after I go to all the trouble to glue it, it's just not going to hold?

Here's a picture of the broken part. Ldraw seems to list this hinge as parts 3324e + 314e

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Hi Jessica, you might find some of the suggestions on What glue should I use for permanent LEGO construction to be a good starting point. I'm not sure exactly which hinge piece you mean, but one of solvent based suggestions should help :) –  Zhaph - Ben Duguid Feb 19 '14 at 22:19
I've edited the question to add a picture of the hinge piece –  Jessica Brown Feb 23 '14 at 21:45

1 Answer 1

Lego is very good about replacing broken parts - for free even. Visit the web-site and look on the bottom of the page under Customer Service for a "broken or missing parts" link (I can't check at current locale).

share|improve this answer
Does that solution apply even if it was a used lego (eg: ebay, lego hobby stores) from a non-recent set? –  Jessica Brown Feb 20 '14 at 5:09
It's always worth trying; LEGO doesn't usually care where you got the set; but if it's not recent there's a risk that the part is not produced anymore, and then they won't be able to replace it. But try anyway, they're usually very friendly. You can also add the part description (photo) to your original message so that we can identify it for you. –  Joubarc Feb 20 '14 at 7:55
I've added a picture and done some research to figure out what the part is called. The part hasn't been included in any set I could find since 1991. And the sets from 1990 and 1991 with that part are certainly not showing up in the replacement parts sets parts lists. –  Jessica Brown Feb 23 '14 at 23:52
Have you tried calling customer service? That also worked once for me. Barring that, you might be reduced to finding the most similar piece available and requesting that through pick-a-brick. There is a hinge-piece that connects 2-2x4 plates. –  SammyB Feb 24 '14 at 13:42
Then there's the old stand-by: Bricklink. –  gev Feb 27 '14 at 6:12

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.