LEGO® Answers is a question and answer site for LEGO® and building block enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I found a pair of these among some parts I bought. cylinder It looks like some sort of cylinder, which could hold an axle for a piston.

Is that correct, and how would I use it then?

share|improve this question
Dude, that's the piece of resistance! – Rikku121 Jun 16 '14 at 18:28
up vote 4 down vote accepted

This is one half of a "hydraulic" cylinder used like in the bucket of 7685-1: Dozer.

This element is Fric. Element, Cylinder and used often used in combination with Stick 6M W/Flange

share|improve this answer

This, at least as far as my experience goes, is used simply to create extra friction in joints; to make something poseable yet stiff and able to hold its position. Sorry no pic, but a good example is the 8996 Scorpio XV1, a walking machine that uses these to keep the legs stationary unless you actually want to move them.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.