I've uploaded the Heroica LDraw parts I made to my website (and now there's even a site to go with it).
- Paths of length 2 and 4, and rooms in 2x2, L, and J shapes. The base
and half the tiles can be recolored; the remaining tiles are fixed
at dark gray.
- The length 3 bridge over a 4x4 water tile, used twice in Fortaan.
- The standard potions with fixed colors, and recolorable potion
- The "character sheet" model. The 1 x 4 cross plate is recolorable.
- A treasure chest, fixed as brown.
- A gold piece, fixed as pearl gold.
- A health piece, fixed as red.
- A torch, fixed in color. This uses the unofficial 64647 LDraw part,
- A closed gate. The standard door piece is not available in the LDraw
parts library or unofficial list, but the gate used to link Nathuz
and Fortaan is.
- A magic door, fixed in color.
- Rocks, recolorable and standard dark gray.
- The ship dock, from Draida Bay, and the regular brown starting
Included Unofficial Parts
These parts are real Lego parts, but have not made it into the LDraw
part library yet. I've put them on the same site for convenience.
- 62808 - Minifig Key, by Andy Westrate
- 64647 - Minifig Plume/Flame Triple, by Philippe Hurbain. This is
used as the top of the torches in Nathuz.
Here are some parts that are invaluable, from the standard LDraw part
library. If you're going to make Heroica levels, they belong in your
- 2343 - Minifig Goblet
- 3794 - Plate 1 x 2 with 1 Stud
- 3958 - Plate 6 x 6
- 30153 - Rock 1 x 1 Gem Faceted
- 41539 - Plate 8 x 8
- 64644 - Minifig Telescope
- 85863 - Microfig
- 87580 - Tile 2 x 2 with Groove and 1 Stud
What do they look like?
Here's a POV-Ray render of the map I'm working on now, sans greebling. Except for the 16x16 center the rooms and paths all use the premade parts, and it features the chest, gold, and potion parts also.
By the way, these are the first reusable LDraw parts I've ever made, so it's possible there's some really horrible failure in them.