LEGO® Answers is a question and answer site for LEGO® and building block enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

While sorting out some old Lego finds, I stumbled across this piece:

This piece confuses me

I have absolutely no idea what this element could be for other than some kind of wall part, and even then I have never seen anything like it before. It is the same colour as some "wooden" elements I have,but I honestly have no clue.

Any information about the piece and any set(s) it was present in would be great.

share|improve this question
It's a Swivelling Door element, allowing for Skeletons to "pop out" and scare the knights ;) You can see a similar element in use here: – Zhaph - Ben Duguid Jan 9 '12 at 13:14
@Zhaph-BenDuguid Yes I now see that, very cool. But sadly, I can't seem to find the door-frame to make this work. :( – RedRiderX Jan 9 '12 at 16:05
Keep rummaging, it might be in there :) – Zhaph - Ben Duguid Jan 9 '12 at 17:49
up vote 9 down vote accepted

It looks like this piece; Door 2 x 5 x 5 Swivel, Flat Base.

Door 2 x 5 x 5 Swivel, Flat Base

In this case it was part of LEGO Set 6089, Stone Tower Bridge.

pic of stone tower bridge

share|improve this answer
Thanks, that should be the piece and, from looking at other pieces that were mixed with it (that I thought totally unrelated), it definitely looks like that was the set it came from. – RedRiderX Jan 9 '12 at 12:21

This piece has also been used recently, in some of the Harry Potter sets.

Here, in the gaudily-coloured "Gryffindor" Set (4722-1) with the portrait of the Fat Lady. enter image description here

And also here, in "The Final Challenge", (4702-1) where it appears as The Mirror of Erised. enter image description here

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.