enter image description here

What is this piece? I see it being sold with 9v train tracks

  • 1
    Great question! Welcome to Bricks.SE!
    – jncraton
    Jul 11, 2018 at 21:43

1 Answer 1


That's part 42936 Track System, Straight Track 16 x 8 x 2.

part photo

It was used in the Racers track system and was found in sets in the early 2000s such as 4588 Off-Road Race Track:

4588 instruction track image

It really has nothing to do with 9V train track, but sellers don't always understand the details of different track systems and simply sell elements that look like track together.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.