I have a bunch of LEGO bricks from the years 1975 - 2016. There are a lot of obscure pieces in my collection, but this piece is so obscure that I have no idea what it goes to. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.



  • btw i have found a second 1 they have a 1 and a 2 on the bottom Mar 27 '19 at 20:41
  • 1
    Does it have LEGO logo on the bottom?
    – Alex
    Mar 27 '19 at 21:14
  • yes, and they both have "a 1" and "a 2" on the inside. Mar 28 '19 at 19:41

This is item no 812

  • Train Level Crossing Center Rail Cap Insert 2 x 14 x 2/3

made for item no 813, the railroad crossing.


(source: bricklink)

It replaces the 12V straight insert (i.e. it closes the middle gap) when using a 4.5V train system.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.