I made the mistake of not coloring as I went while building a large object in LEGO Digital Designer. I don't want to spend hours coloring each individual brick. Is there a way I can box select the bricks and apply a color to them?
- Version (Program): 4.3.11.
- Version (Brick): 2670.
- OS: Windows.
We're using Extended Mode (Black Backsplash) of LDD, so we can have full access to all colors. I have not tested the other two modes, Default (Blue Backsplash) or Mindstorms (White Backsplash).
If the model is in Default Mode. No problem.
- Copy the build to memory (CTRL+A) then (CTRL+C);
- Open a new blank file in Extended Mode;
- and Paste from memory (CTRL+P);
- Give file a different name as not to overwrite the original;
- Use the "COLOR Selecting Tool" and select a piece's color you want to change.
- All of that color is now highlighted.
- Use the "Invert Selection Tool" to reverse highlight everything not that color.
- Use the "Hide Tool" to make everything not that color disappear.
- Use the "Single Selection Tool" to block select the visible pieces that are getting a color change.
- Use the "Paint Tool" and pick the new color being used.
- Click the "Show all hidden bricks" button.
In Program Example:
Goal: Switch Mega-Man blues into Leaf Shield greens.