What is the piece that holds the pant legs together called? Is there an "official1" name? Or is there just a commonly agreed on term?

enter image description here

1Official meaning something mentioned, even in passing, by Lego in some way.

1 Answer 1


They are referred to as "Minifig Hips" almost everywhere: [partlink:970:4].

The LEGO Pick-a-brick service doesn't sell them without legs, and just refers to the whole construction as "Mini Figure Mini Lower Part":

Pick-a-brick Lower Body Part

  • 4
    Since that's utterly boring, I suggest we just start calling the thing what it actually is: a thong. Or a speedo.
    – Joubarc
    Apr 18, 2012 at 8:46
  • 4
    @Joubarc Like the Beach Troopers from the LEGO Star Wars games? Apr 18, 2012 at 9:39
  • 1
    And surely it's only a thong/speedo they are a different colour from the the legs, otherwise it's just waistband and flys/hips. Apr 18, 2012 at 9:43
  • I just call it a belt
    – shea
    May 3, 2014 at 12:24
  • I once used the hips as rollers in a set, they look a bit like that with legs removed Mar 9, 2020 at 11:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.