I have acquired several large bags of LEGO - most are the tradition bricks, but what kit are these (see photo) rail-type pieces from? They are identified on the reverse with a letter, such as "E", and a 1 or 2-digit number. Some of the rails contain small teeth the entire length - some are smooth.

enter image description here

  • 2
    Related: What different types of train tracks exist
    – Uli
    Sep 27 '20 at 18:50
  • That gear doesn't look like Lego at all. But those rails where the normal rails in the 70's
    – Tonny
    Sep 29 '20 at 14:32
  • @Tonny , The gear is part # 743 :Technic, Gear Samsonite 35 Tooth
    – Syberion
    Oct 2 '20 at 21:51
  • @Syberion Interresting... The early Technic gears I'm familiar with are from the 70's. The red (small) , blue (medium) and yellow (big) ones with the white axles. Seems these are even bigger. I had never seen them before.
    – Tonny
    Oct 3 '20 at 11:57

The rails with the "small teeth" are

Part No: 3230a , Train, Track Tapered Rail Curved Inside

Part No: 3229a Name: Train, Track Tapered Rail Curved Outside

Part No: 3228a Name: Train, Track Tapered Rail Straight 16L

  • OK - Thanks Syberion.
    – Norm W.
    Sep 30 '20 at 15:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.