I recently came across this piece:


What piece is it, and how can it be used?

1 Answer 1


The part is Window Round 3 x 3 x 2 (73878).


It was a new mold for 2021, and one of its first uses was as windows on Andrea's House (41449).

Andrea's House

This piece can be used on buildings anywhere you'd like a curved window. It is easy to imagine how it could have been used on earlier sets, such as the "curved" windows on the Pet Shop:

10218 Pet Shop

This part introduces opportunities for curved windows, but it continues to use existing window glass. It uses the 1x2x2 glass (60601):


This means that the part is also compatible with other window panes, such as the 1x2x2 bars:


These parts are paired together to create the curved window seen in Chamber of Secrets (76389):

76389 Tower Window

Like most parts, there's plenty of ways to use it. It shows up as fences in Heartlake City Park (41447):


It even gets used to create a water wheel in Medieval Castle (31120):

31120 water wheel

I played around a little with this part at microscale and put together a Mars research station based around the idea of round pods:

Mars Research Station

Mars Research Station top

  • The curved window brick would not have been a good choice for the pet shop: half-hexagonal bay windows were a common feature of the architecture of that period; curved ones were unheard-of.
    – Mark
    Commented Jul 26, 2021 at 20:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.