The image below is a LEGO specimen stage designed for a stereo microscope. I am looking for a recommendation for a PC controlled motors that allows for very small and precise movements.
I want use the motors attached to my specimen stage to make a very small height adjustment and then I want to send a command and capture an image from the camera-mounted to the microscope.
Here is the workflow I hope to achieve by motorizing the specimen stage:
- On KeyPress (from with C# Windows application)
- Activate stepper motor, adjust height (z-axis) by 100-200 µm (maybe 2-4 steps in a 200 step per revolution motor)
- Wait 200 ms (allow time for vibrations from movement to stop)
- Activate Camera - capture an image
- Save image (auto-named) to my folder.
Possibly using SDK like: https://github.com/pololu/pololu-usb-sdk
Working solution: The picture with the stepper motor on the input: Full View: