I suspect it might be related to a train coupler but I could be totally wrong. I couldn't find it in the train parts category on Bricklink. It seems similar to part 2920.

It has an open stud on the top and an antistud on the bottom, and a regular axle hole going across. The clip things that are on one side are smaller than the diameter of a regular bar.

It says "(C) Lego Group" and "3" and "01" but I do not see a part number.

the piece in question - diagonal view the piece in question - top view

1 Answer 1


It's in the Magnet category: 2607 Magnet Holder 2 x 3 with Clips and Pin Hole. It connects to Magnet Cylindrical.

Magnet Cylindrical

  • 6
    These were used heavily in the 90s with their underwater line and I think some of the digger line.
    – Logarr
    Commented Jun 6, 2022 at 13:37
  • 5
    They were also the key naming item in the M-Tron space sets. Commented Jun 6, 2022 at 17:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.