I recently bought this set for my niece for her birthday, when we were finished setting it up we noticed a larger orange piece that we couldn't find a place for but was in the set and in the back of the book where it outline what pieces there/how many of them. I just wondering for sure what the piece goes to?

  • Since you found the part in the booklet, could you specify its number as well?
    – Joubarc
    Jan 15, 2013 at 15:46
  • 3
    Nevermind, I'll go and assume you're speaking about 4654448
    – Joubarc
    Jan 15, 2013 at 15:48

1 Answer 1


That part is the new Brick Separator which LEGO includes in most bigger sets:

4654448 - Brick Separator

It's not part of the construction itself, but is a tool to allow you to easily disassemble constructions. You can compare it with the older version in this question on how to separate 1x2 plates.

  • Oooh, I hadn't seen the new one. I like the introduction of the + peg; I always had to fish out a + rod for pushing those out.
    – KRyan
    Feb 20, 2013 at 0:54
  • Page 3 of book 1 of the instructions.
    – gev
    Jul 18, 2014 at 20:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.