Any idea of what these are? Came in a lot with vintage LEGO, Nintendo Blocks (N&B) and a few other vintage items that tell me this is probably from 60's era.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


A picture from Identify (very old) bricks with 2 studs provided me with the answer: It's "American Bricks", the plastic ones, manufactured by "Elgo Plastics, Inc". They date around 1950s.

  • Wow, great find. Thank you!
    – DrYoYo
    Dec 5, 2023 at 21:00
  • 1
    Since you're fairly new, please read bricks.stackexchange.com/help/someone-answers - the customary way to say thanks is to mark an answer as "accepted". Dec 5, 2023 at 21:21
  • 1
    They look more like a later evolution of "American Bricks", called "Playskool Building Bricks" (1970s). The ones in the OP's picture don't have the "American Bricks" logo on them, have more rounded studs, no notches or ridges on the sides, but notches on the anti-studs. Although, they might still have been made by "Elgo", but afaik they'd have "Elgo" engraved on the underside in that case (can't tell from the OP's picture). Dec 7, 2023 at 6:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.