I recently bought at haul and found a bunch of these regular sized bricks. Can anyone identify the for me?

They are 2x4 bricks, but with holes in the side of the bricks:

Bricks with holes
From: http://imgur.com/a/hOGto

It says Lego on the stud, but no part numbers are to be found anywhere, so I guess they are old.

Any help is appreciated.


They were used until 1990 for trains, the holes are there to stick in the wheels.

This is the part: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=7049b And these (for example) were the wheels: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=wheel2a

| improve this answer | |
  • you mean the 1970's, right ? – Stephane Delcroix Oct 21 '14 at 19:44
  • 1
    Makes sense as there was also wheels and tracks in the haul. Thanks a lot. – Keller Oct 22 '14 at 5:17
  • You're welcome. @Stephane, no I mean the 1990's, it was still in basic building sets in the late 1980's and the early 1990's. – Laz75 Oct 22 '14 at 15:16
  • oh, I remember them in the early 80's. – Stephane Delcroix Oct 22 '14 at 20:17
  • @Laz75 According to the BL page you posted, it seems most of these kits with these parts were released in the 70s, with only a tiny handful of kits in the 90s having these in them. – Mr. Shiny and New 安宇 Oct 28 '14 at 19:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.