This is my first time doing something like this, so here goes. This is a 1x2 blue brick with holes on each end. Through a hole, you get this view of the center peg and the light coming in through the other hole (pic 3). From the bottom there is the peg, the holes on the sides, and the "Pend" from "Pat Pend" (pic 4). The "Pat" is above, but unable to be seen.

enter image description here

Finally, I have done a lot of research and found a grand total of nothing about it. So, I tried some stuff out and learned that the only thing that fits in the holes are minifigure arms and thus speculated about a 4 arm guy.

enter image description here

Here are my tries at fitting other stuff.

enter image description here

Thanks for looking and sorry for so many pics! -Erich Wacker

  • 1
    +1 for imagination with 4-armed guy!
    – JohnnyB
    Aug 25, 2019 at 9:47

1 Answer 1


This is part 3317.


It's primarily used to hold the bucket on front end loaders. It hasn't been used in a set since the late 90's. Part 3314 is about the only other part that is designed to connect to it that I'm aware of:


Here's an example of this part in use from set 6504:

enter image description here

While I believe that this was the only way to connect to this part used in official sets, I'm sure it may have other uses. It was used to build gas pumps in one set:

enter image description here

  • 2
    Oh the memories! I had that front-end loader :)
    – Phil B.
    May 10, 2015 at 23:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.