I'm looking for brainstorming! All ideas welcome.
I have a design I'm working on which:
- is made of a bunch of identical modules fitting into a single framework
- has to allow the modules to "plug in" to the framework (be removable)
I'm designing the framework.
The problem is that in some places the modules meet at an internal corner in a way I can't connect: two modules are connected to the same framework brick (which would be in the space next to both of them).
Here's pictures of two modules meeting, without the framework, which would be in the space defined by the corner:
Is there a piece or assembly that matches either of these scenarios?
- one suggestion has been Bricklink Part 10197 the "Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Hub with 2 Axle"
- however, with this part, since the pins are mid-stud, the axles reach half a brick in.
- any part suggestions for either of these configurations?
- any redesign suggestions? Does anyone have a favorite combination for an internal corner like this?
Possible solutions so far:
- use axles and the above Bricklink Part 10197
- use axles and an as-yet unknown part which is a better fit
- use pins and an as-yet unknown part which fits at all
- use pins and move the pin hole to a single brick Technic brick, which has a hole aligned with the stud
- move all the rightmost connectors slightly up and all the leftmost connectors slightly down (this is the least desirable for aesthetic reasons)
See also the question on this site, "What part(s) can I use to connect technic liftarms at a 90 degree angle?"