I'm a big fan of LEGO and I would love to know about what kind of college I should apply to so I can get a degree to work with TLG. Also, I was wondering if I wanted to be a LEGO Set creator, would I have to move out of the United States and move to Denmark, or would I be able to work in the United States and create sets? I'd love to get feedback because I am in 10th grade, and I am going to college soon.

  • Related: bricks.stackexchange.com/questions/283/…
    – jncraton
    Commented Feb 2, 2017 at 13:37
  • You should also consider asking this question to Lego directly since they know best what they want and may even have special programs or similar for people like you.
    – Wrzlprmft
    Commented Feb 6, 2017 at 11:39

1 Answer 1


Try for an industrial engineering degree. That would be the best fit for a set designer. An art degree would work too.

If you want to be a LEGO set designer, you're gonna have to move to Denmark. Of course, you need to be accepted first. You can stay where you are while you work on your degree and become more proficient in working with bricks.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.