When a minifigure is new, the joints where its legs joins its hips is relatively stiff. However, when a minifig gets old and has been used a lot, this joint can get very loose leaving its legs very floppy. Why does this happen? Is there a risk-free way to re-tighten this joint?
This video has a pretty good method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkVPVgonRk
If you don't want to watch:
- Pop both legs off the hips.
- Rip off a small square of paper, preferably tissue paper.
- Place it over the hole in one of the legs.
- With the paper still around it, forcibly snap the leg back into place.
- Repeat for the other leg.
- Rip off any excess paper that is around the minifig.
- If the legs get loose again, repeat steps one through six.