I see that there are at least three different types of axles that can be used with LEGO wheels. I can name the first two — Technic axle and Technic pin — but I cannot name the third, which is like a Technic pin, but smaller.

Note that I've only seen it integrated into a larger part, such as a brick or plate, as shown in the image. I see that BrinkLink sometimes refers to parts like this as having "wheels holder" pins, but that seems to be a term that could apply to the first two types of axles as well.

Does a common and more precise name exist for this type of pin?

Image of Lego element from brickset.com

1 Answer 1


LEGO and others sometimes calls those pieces a "bearing element". This term however is not limited to just that axle.

LEGO's replacement parts service calls the holes they go into "HOLE Ø11" (possibly read "Hole Diameter 11"):


The width of the axle is roughly equivalent to the width of a "bar", like the 30374 piece used for Lightsabers as such.

None of these names are particularly satisfactory, but I'm not aware of any better names.

  • 1
    Thanks. Is "Ø" a way of writing zero, or does it mean something else?
    – EJ Mak
    Commented Oct 5, 2017 at 22:09
  • 2
    See bricks.stackexchange.com/questions/8060/… for an explanation on the diameter symbol.
    – Phil B.
    Commented Oct 5, 2017 at 22:37
  • And is "W" an abbreviation for the word "with?"
    – EJ Mak
    Commented Oct 6, 2017 at 14:50
  • @EJMak I assume so, yes. Commented Oct 6, 2017 at 15:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.