I have a large collection of parts and I came across this slightly chewed, possibly Technic, part. No numbers on it, just the Lego on the studs. It's 15 Technic holes and then a T-piece on the end with 2 studs either side. The head seems to have a slot through it. Any ideas?




  • 1
    It looks like your questions was answered. Don't forget to mark the best answer if you feel it is correct.
    – VolleyJosh
    Commented Nov 13, 2017 at 16:49

1 Answer 1


That’s a crane-arm centre. It’s usually used in non-Technic sets together with the crane-arm outside to obtain a telescopic arm, e.g., for cranes or firefighter ladder trucks. The slit at the end is to insert a piece of string for using it as a cable crane.

Here's a picture showing this piece in use as the boom of a crane from 4552:


  • Great! Thanks very much. I shall see if I have the rest of it lurking in my pile of bits Commented Nov 8, 2017 at 15:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.