I am trying to use my old RCX 2.0 set on Linux (Xubuntu). The problem is that when I try to download the (official) firmware into the RCX via the command:
nqc -Susb:/dev/usb/legousbtower1 -firmware ./firm0332.lgo
I get the error "Could not open serial port or USB device". Note that:
- There is a module for the USB tower corresponding to my Linux kernel,
- The USB tower is recognized as
- I changed the permissions with
sudo chmod 666 /dev/usb/leogusbtower1,
- When I do
echo "Hello!" > /dev/usb/legousbtower1the tower blinks,
- My version of NQC is 3.1 r6 from the Ubuntu repositories,
- The tower works like a charm in a Windows XP virtual machine.
Because of the list above, I don't understand why I can't communicate with the RCX yet. Can somebody help me? Thank you.