Questions tagged [part-identification]

The part-identification tag is used for questions regarding what kit a particular block is from, or what its purpose is.

Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with
6 votes
1 answer

Is this a fleur-de-lis hood ornament, or something else?

I came across this interesting piece: Now, I'm not sure it is a hood ornament, but I would like to know what it is. Any help would be appreciated.
  • 1,399
24 votes
2 answers

Minifig rotatable legs on a stick - what is this?

What kind of piece is this? Emboss says "(c)2003 The LEGO Group" and there is a 4303 number below. I browsed Peeron a little but didn't find anything similar. There are two red handles, one rotates ...
  • 533
10 votes
2 answers

What set is this brown (wall?) element from?

While sorting out some old Lego finds, I stumbled across this piece: I have absolutely no idea what this element could be for other than some kind of wall part, and even then I have never seen ...
  • 1,399
15 votes
6 answers

What is piece 4211642 from 10179 - UCE Millenium Falcon?

I'm working on making sure I have all necessary pieces for 10179: Ultimate Collector's Edition Millenium Falcon (a painstaking process, to say the least). I received the set not entirely complete, ...
  • 1,030
9 votes
1 answer

What are the names for these two pieces of a car chassis and a piece for above the wheels?

I have the following pieces but cannot find their names nor precise usage on BrickLink or elsewhere The black one has a wheel well on each side - sorry for the poor image quality. Both the red and ...
  • 495
29 votes
2 answers

How are LEGO bricks categorized?

What are the names and categories of LEGO bricks? Is there a consistent naming scheme? Does Lego have an official name or identification for different pieces?
  • 13.4k
47 votes
2 answers

How do I identify a LEGO part?

Over the vast years of collecting bricks of various sizes and sets, I find that during my free builds I run low on a specific type of brick. How can I go about identifying what the brick is named and ...
18 votes
2 answers

What is the name of the Lego product that snaps together with knobs?

I remember owning a very strange Lego set, but have forgotten the name. The pieces were similar to Technic parts, but different. They were green rounded frames and connected using purple squares with ...
  • 5,186
16 votes
1 answer

What are these Technic "Zapfen" ("stoppers") called in English?

What are these pieces called in English? Google translator doesn't help in this case...
  • 2,165
19 votes
2 answers

What are the arched things above a wheel called?

I have a bunch of second hand bricks and some are "wheel wells" for the lack of better words. I would like to find out how I use them for example at bricklink, but then I need to find the name for ...
  • 495
23 votes
3 answers

What piece is this ARC-170 Starfighter cockpit?

I got these with the ARC-170 LEGO Starfighter (archived): I'd like to get more if possible. They are a part of the cockpit.
  • 343

9 10 11 12