I have a number of models built on gray baseplates that are that are proving to be difficult to store/transport. Lidded plastic bins would be ideal, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding bins with these criteria:
• Flat bottom (no ridges, wheels, etc)
• 15-16" square on the inside bottom, to hold the baseplate
• Approx 6" deep.
• With lid, preferably one that clips shut.
There's one hiccup: I'm in Canada, and Amazon/manufacturers don't seem to ship these items here. Any suggestions of particular bins, or where I could get the ones listed below would be great.
Some bins I have seen and considered, that may work if I can find them:
Lego Dacta X-Large Storage Box (#9920)
- Very hard to find, since they're quite old.
Iris Buckle-Up Box 33 QT BCB-SQ Clear
- Best non-Lego one I have seen so far, but I haven't figured out how to get it in Canada.
Really Useful Box 50L
Taller and longer than I'd like, but it could work.