Here is what I have:
- Site licences for Mindstorms Software 1.0 (NXT) and EV3.
- An upgrade to Version 2.0 for the NXT
- 9 NXT kits
- 4 EV3 kits
- 2 Renewable Energy Kits and Temperature sensors
My problem is that on the NXT units, the only version of the software which supports the Renewable energy/temperature sensors is 2.1, which does not appear to be an upgrade to 2.0, but is instead a education site licence version like the ones I have for NXT 1.0 and EV3. Without these I cannot access the blocks to use the Renewable Energy kits and temperature sensors unless I use the EV3 kits.
- Am I right, or is there a way to upgrade 2.0 to 2.1 or 1.0 education to 2.1?
- is there a way I just haven't been able to figure out to use these sensors with the 2.0 software?
- Is it worth updating all my existing material for the NXT bricks to program them from the EV3 software as well and dealing with the small issues or not?
I have tried contacting distributors, and looking online has only helped me find the appropriate sensor blocks for the EV3 software.