For Reasons™, I am looking for current sets that have minifigures with the plain, classical faces:

classic minifigure

However, if I look at the current selection on the Lego website, all the accompanying minifigs have stylized faces. The only currently sold set I have seen so far with plain minifigs is Ikea's BYGGLEK.

Short of hunting for deals for old, retired sets on eBay, are there ways for me to get sets that have plain minifigs?

  • (Also, I've last played with Lego as a kid, but only started to get back into it after 25 years, so I'm not hip on what's de rigueur these days, and would appreciate some handholding.)
    – 田中隼
    Commented Oct 6, 2022 at 11:14

2 Answers 2


There are several options (moulds) you can choose from:


Adding to the answer provided by Alex, there is also the option to buy this head from the pick-a-brick section on the Lego website.

Specifically, part number 9336 "Minifigure, Head Standard Grin Pattern - Hollow Stud" can be found at https://www.lego.com/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.designNumber&filters.i0.values.i0=9336

  • 1
    And cheaper than on Bricklink.
    – Alex
    Commented Oct 6, 2022 at 15:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.